Saturday, December 6, 2008

Free at last! Free at last!

So, it's official! I am no longer working at Mainspring Day Spa! I got back into work (at Mainspring) on Weds. 12/03 morning and found I only had one massage. Then, Elsa calls and asks me to clean the bathrooms and the rest of the spa, train one of the receptionists on the computer system, and fix some stuff around the spa. I was there for seven hours and only made $20! It was all I could do not to walk out that day, but before I left, I erased myself from the schedule. Thursday was supposed to be my last day, but I did not go. I was so sick of being Elsa's slave! I have more energy now, I am happier, I am so glad to be free from the shackles of that place!


On a much better note, I started at Snowbird's Cliff Spa this week also! It is such a beautiful place (as you can see by the picture) and I think I am really going to love it there. Plus, I already have my employee I.D., which also serves as a season's pass chair and tram lift! You can be sure I am already planning on going boarding this next week! My friends Zack and Amy are getting into town in less than two weeks, and I believe they will be super happy about my benefits there too. I get half price day passes for friends and family!

Oooh, and I had finals yesterday too! I'm not quite sure how I did, I am hoping better than midterms, but we will see! At least I am done, and that combined with leaving Mainspring leaves me basking in the sweet warmth of freedom, even in the midst of winter cold!

1 comment:

kate said...

sounds great!! that place looks beautiful! too bad dave and i aren't coming this year for Christmas, then we could go boarding with you!!