Tuesday, December 16, 2008

1st Day of the Season!



Well, it's official, the snowboarding season has started! Crystal and I went up together last Saturday to the Canyons and enjoyed 6" of fresh powder! It was a sad realization to me, however, after I became tired and out of breath after only three runs: I am too out of shape!! Well, hopefully with two season passes (one to the Canyons, one to Snowbird), I will be able to hone my skills and physical prowess as I master the art of carving down a snow-packed mountain!

Other than that, Christmas is almost here and all the fun and festivities that entails! My BFF's are coming down in two days: Zack from Seattle and Amy from Santa Ana, CA. We got a condo in Park City for their entire trip here and I know they are expecting some days in the snow as well. Unfortunately for me, they are way beyond my skill level and I am wondering how that will play out. Will I try to keep up with them and break my arm in the process? Or should I leave them for the bunny slopes and spend the day alone falling on my arse? Either way, I think I shall have a super-fun visit with them. Plus, with all the fresh snowfall that has come over the past couple of days, some of that is sure to help break my falls. Right?

3 comments:

Danya Martell Smart said...

Sounds fun!

Lexi said...

You look so cute like an Eskimo girl :) Hey, why am I not mentioned? I guess my visit isn't blog-worthy.... :) I am now your follower...must follow...follow wherever you may lead.....
I'm rambling. I want to start a blog too at my next boring job that will be my goal. Assuming I have a "next" job at some point...
Love you! Lexi

kate said...

looks like fun, but way too cold!!